Life affirming counseling … I believe that everyone deserves a place where they can be validated and accepted exactly as they are in each moment. I therefore work to create a safe space for you to share your inner thoughts and feelings, conquer fears, and release the things that stand in your way of living a full life, freeing yourself to move toward your dreams. I believe that my clients hold their own answers and that my responsibility lies in helping each person to find their own path forward. People are deeply resilient and I focus on establishing a partnership with my clients so that they have an active voice in the direction of their treatment. My greatest hope for my clients is that they find their inner wisdom and truth and begin to make changes in their life from that new empowered place.
What counseling might offer you…
- Gain insight into the roots of your behaviors and emotions
- Develop healthy coping and communication skills
- Reconcile with your past
- Manage your thoughts and emotions
- Build your self-esteem
- Develop habits of effective behavior
- Improve your interpersonal relationship skills
- Empower your self to make better decisions, find your answers and move forward with your life
Areas of specialty: I work with adolescents, adults and couples with varying issues including, but not limited to, women’s issues, food issues/eating disorders, domestic abuse, relationships, parenting, anxiety, depression, grief, stage of life changes, addiction, divorce, communication skills training, and empowerment.